Who is a candidate for breast lift procedures in New York City?
In his eighteen years of experience in plastic and reconstructive surgery, Dr. Kwan has seen many patients who are more concerned about the “firmness” of their breasts rather than their size. Women who are satisfied with the overall size and shape of the breasts, but feel embarrassed or otherwise uncomfortable with the lack of firmness they experience, are ideal candidates for breast lift surgery in our New York City facility.
The condition of the breasts often changes over time. Lack of firmness, or sagginess, may develop as a result of:
- Age. The skin looses elasticity when the production of collagen and elastin naturally decreases.
- Gravity. Women with larger breasts find sagging a problem as the weight of fatty tissue pulls on the skin.
- Weight. When significant weight is gained and lost over time, changes in breast tissue could lead to sagging.
- Genetics, which also tends to dictate the size and shape of breasts, also plays a role in how well the skin retains its natural elasticity.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding. During pregnancy, hormonal changes and fluctuations in weight affect the breast tissue. The breasts swell when a mother breastfeeds her child, which may result in looser skin. Once breastfeeding has stopped, natural breast tissue may be softer than before pregnancy.
During breast lift surgery, also called mastopexy, excess skin is removed and repositioned for a firmer, more lifted appearance. The final result is a firmer, fuller and attractive breast. In addition to lifting the entire breast, Dr. Kwan uses his artistic eye to position the nipple in the most attractive manner, so that a more youthful appearance is created on the breasts.
Breast lift surgery is a customized procedure that is performed after an in-depth consultation and examination has been performed. In many cases, breast lift surgery is enhanced with the placement of either silicone or saline breast implants. While breast implants are usually associated with the augmentation, or enlargement, of the breasts, their placement in breast lift surgery is intended only to firm up what is already there, not to make breasts larger or more pronounced.
Dr. Kwan strongly believes that the success of his practice lies in helping his patients achieve their aesthetic dreams in an attractive yet realistic manner. Visit one of our offices to find out how you can boost your self-esteem with a simple aesthetic fix. Call our practice to book a consultation and examination appointment today 201 947 3636