Who is an appropriate candidate for breast reduction near NYC?
Dr. Edmund Kwan, MD is a plastic and reconstructive surgeon who provides a wide range of treatments for patients who want to address medical issues or cosmetic concerns. For some patients, breast reduction is often considered due to the many problems large breasts can create. Patients near the NYC area who have large breasts may experience a wide range of concerns that include:
- Pinched nerves and poor circulation in the arms and hands due to breasts
- Inability to stand properly and maintain appropriate posture for better body alignment
- Pain and discomfort from bra straps rubbing or irritating the skin
- Chronic headaches coupled with neck pain, shoulder pain, and back aches from excess weight on the front of the body
- Skin irritation underneath the breasts in the creases
- Inability to exercise or perform activities due to the breasts
- Anxiety caused in situations where less clothing is worn, such as wearing a bathing suit or lingerie
- Self-consciousness about the size of the breasts and attracting the wrong attention
- Inability to move the arms or be as mobile as desired because of the size of the breasts
These are serious issues that must be addressed for one’s health, wellness, and self-esteem. When patients come to Dr. Edmund Kwan, MD with large breasts and many of the following concerns, it may be time for patients to take action and improve their quality of life and confidence with breast reduction surgery. Patients dealing with the above concerns are appropriate candidates for breast reduction surgery and should seriously discuss treatment with a quality surgeon.
Women who have been unhappy and discouraged with the size of their large breasts can still maintain a natural appearance while removing the weight and discomfort that can result in other medical problems. Dr. Edmund Kwan, MD ensures all procedures he performs look as natural as possible and maintains appropriate proportions of the breasts to the nipples and areolas. He discusses the procedure and expected results with patients before he schedules the surgery, and also consults with patients using photographs of past results to give individuals the idea of what they can expect after their procedure has been complete.