Unleash your abs in no time with a twist on the tummy tuck – mini treatment in New York City
Unleash the abs you’ve always wanted. Love your wardrobe! Benefit from the skill of Board-Certified Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, Dr. Edmund Kwan. Many of Edmund Kwan, MD’s patients refer to Dr. Kwan’s technical aptitude and artistic gifts. These skills show in how he sculpts contours to the patient’s personal preferences and needs for treatment, and how he minimizes unwanted effects such as scarring.
The “tummy tuck” or abdominoplasty is one of the most popular (and fastest-growing) cosmetic surgery treatments performed in the U.S. There are several variations on this type of procedure, which are as unique as the patients that Dr. Kwan treats. Depending on what Dr. Kwan finds during his initial, complimentary conversation and evaluation with you, a mini tummy tuck treatment in New York City at his AAASF-certified ambulatory surgical facility may be in order. The mini-tuck is an alternative to traditional abdominoplasty and represents one of the ways that Dr. Kwan achieves patients’ dream physiques by removing excess tissues and tightening abdominal muscles.
When tummy fat is hard to tame …
Are you struggling to lose excess around your middle? Is your post-baby body not bouncing back like you thought it would, regardless of how much you work out or how well you eat? These concerns, albeit frustrating, are common. It’s important to appreciate that fat may not be the biggest culprit. When you lose weight, particularly if that weight loss is rapid, overlying skin may not conform to your slimmer contours due to laxity. Lax or saggy skin is a bigger issue with time because our bodies produce less of the vital nutrients responsible for elasticity and firmness.
Skillfully tailored to your unique needs and specific goals, abdominoplasty addresses all of the true culprits responsible for puffy middles and saggy bellies: “exercise- and diet-resistant” fat, lax skin, and separated and weak muscles. Tummy tucks have the potential to do it all! Fat deposits and loose skin can be removed, while flaccid and separated muscles are restored to create a smooth, youthful profile that allows clothes to drape beautifully, and for you to wear them comfortably and confidently.
Abdominoplasty, in its various forms, is a great option for patients who are:
- Frustrated by a lack of results from exercise and diet alone following the birth of a baby. These patients may wish to combine tummy tucks with other mommy makeover procedures, such as a breast lift or breast augmentation.
- Bothered by the saggy look of their bellies, due to the loss of elastin in the skin over time and changes with how fat is distributed throughout the body. This is a common concern for women as they enter menopause and estrogen levels fall.
- Simply tired of carrying around a “paunch”! Abdominoplasty can finally achieve the abs that have eluded those patients with lifelong potbellies. The truth is, a genetic predisposition to excess belly fat can be confirmed by merely looking to your family members (in all likelihood, many have the same problem!).
- Discouraged that successful weight loss hasn’t translated over to a fit-looking middle. The offices of Edmund Kwan, MD want you to celebrate the many joys that come with a healthier lifestyle to the fullest! Abdominoplasty removes the excess skin that results after fat is lost when skin doesn’t bounce back to its trimmer contours.
As an Asian plastic surgeon, Dr. Kwan has built a practice on improving the lives of a diverse patient base. He understands how widely patient needs and preferences can vary and is pleased to offer both a traditional tummy tuck as well as a “mini tuck,” which targets the lower abdominal region. This procedure involves making a small incision between the hipbones, which allows Dr. Kwan to deftly access weak muscles and excess skin. These muscles are then tightened, and saggy excess is removed. Liposuction techniques may be employed to attain optimal results before the incision is closed. By comparison, a full tummy tuck involves incisions to access and remove tissues between the belly button and the pubic area. Fascia over the abdominal muscles are tightened, the skin around the belly button is repositioned, and excess fat is liposuctioned. While the hip-to-hip incision is well-concealed in the natural crease along the bikini line, the standard tummy tuck’s mini counterpart generally:
- Doesn’t modify the belly button area
- Is smaller in scope
- Allows for an even faster recovery – get back to normal activities quickly
- Is more cost-effective
- Gets great results for smaller patients or those with little skin to be removed
Likewise, there are still other variations on the tummy tuck such as the extended abdominoplasty. For more information on your options, call 212 734 4488 to schedule a complimentary consultation at the Manhattan office of Edmund Kwan, MD.