Breast implants are one of the most common plastic surgery procedures. They allow women with smaller, sagging, or uneven breasts to have fuller, better-proportioned breasts.
There are many reasons that patients choose breast implants. At the office of Dr. Edmund Kwan in NYC, patients can trust they are in expert hands and will enjoy natural-feeling and great-looking breasts after their augmentation.
A customized approach
Every woman has a unique body shape and different desires for her breasts. During the consultation, we will discuss your desired goals to determine which type of implant is best for you. Your entire experience will be tailored to your specific goals.
Call any of our offices to schedule your consultation
Dr. Kwan shares the top five things patients should know before choosing breast implants.
- There are two main types of breast implants: saline and silicone. Choosing one over the other is usually a matter of preference. We will explain the differences between the two to help you pick which one is best for you.
- It takes about two to three months for your breasts take their final shape. After augmentation, your breasts will be swollen and the tissue will need time to heal. Be patient, and give your body time, soon you will see the results you wanted.
- Loss of nipple sensation is common. It can happen if a nerve is nicked or if the implant is large.
- You will experience changes in breast texture. This means it will take time to adjust to your new breasts and your partner will probably feel the implant. The best way to retain a natural feeling is to choose a size that is best for your figure.
- You need to wear a bra. This will keep your skin from stretching or sagging due to the weight of your implants.
To learn more, call Dr. Kwan at [phone1].