Breast ReductionWhile there are many women who visit our practice for breast augmentation to fill out their figure, there are also many people who seek cosmetic surgery to correct breasts that are too large. When breasts are too large for your body structure, you may suffer needlessly. Breast reduction surgery in our state-of-the-art New York City facility can help you regain more comfort, eliminating problems like:
- Skin irritation under breast creases
- Shoulder and neck pain, back aches, and chronic headaches
- Challenges with maintaining proper posture
- Irritation or indentations from bra straps rubbing or pulling
- Difficulty exercising or performing certain activities comfortably
- Numbness or tingling in the hands due to poor circulation or pinched nerves
Before and After Photos
*Individual results may vary
- The need to wear oversized clothing in order to be comfortable
- A desire to detract attention from the body by wearing oversized clothing
- Feeling as though people look at your breasts rather than your face when interacting
- Limitations in mobility in arm movements because breasts get in the way
- Feeling anxious over situations in which a bathing suit or more revealing clothing may be worn
As part of the breast reduction procedure, Dr. Kwan focuses on reducing the volume of the breasts and lifting them so as to minimize the weight supported by the neck, back, and shoulders. The tissue from the breast is removed and later sculpted to give it back its rounded and natural shape. Areolas, as well, are perfected to the most appropriate proportions with the breasts. Though there is a possibility for decreased sensations, most people do retain feeling in the nipples following breast reduction surgery.
Dr. Kwan's field expertise also allows him to accurately ascertain a breast size which provides relief and is suited to your ideal body contours. In the hands of a skilled cosmetic surgeon like Dr. Edmund Kwan, you can find greater satisfaction with your shape and size.