Mommy makeover treatment
in the NYC tri-state area
Motherhood has immeasurable joys, but there is no denying that pregnancy, delivery, and breastfeeding take a toll on your body. With the help of a skilled cosmetic surgeon such as Dr. Edmund Kwan, those changes don’t have to last forever. With a mommy makeover treatment, patients in the NYC tri-state area can achieve proven results safely and effectively. Read on to learn more about this personalized treatment solution that can help you feel confident stepping out on the beach and wearing form-fitting clothes again.
What is a mommy makeover?
A “mommy makeover” is a general term that is used to describe what is a highly personalized treatment plan. It can consist of one or more procedures that are strategically designed by Dr. Edmund Kwan to help you achieve the results you want—and deserve. Every woman is different, and that’s why each patient’s treatment plan is truly unique.
After having a baby, a woman’s body has undergone immense changes—both physically and hormonally—in a short period of time, and it is simply impossible to bounce back without some assistance. While pregnancy only lasts nine months, it can have life-long effects on your body contours and appearance. Many moms struggle with one or more of the following issues, which can become more exaggerated with each subsequent pregnancy:
- Excess skin around the abdomen or other areas where there was pregnancy weight gain
- “Baby weight” that doesn’t go away no matter how much attention is paid to exercise and diet
- Sagging or drooping breasts that have changed in shape and appearance
- Breasts that are larger or smaller than they used to be pre-pregnancy
- Excess skin around the face and neck
What to expect during your mommy makeover
Because each mommy makeover is custom-tailored to your specific needs, the procedures involved in mommy makeovers are different for each person. Based on the specific issues that you have with your post-baby body; Dr. Kwan will recommend one or more specialized techniques to help you get your body back. This may include:
- Tummy tuck: After pregnancy, your abdominal area may suffer from weakened muscles (which may have even separated in a condition called diastasis recti), and you may also have extra skin, stretch marks, and fat in your stomach area. A tummy tuck addresses all these issues by tightening the muscles and bringing them back together if they have separated, removing extra skin and strategically minimizing stretch marks, and eliminating extra fat from your abdomen. The result is a tight, youthful-looking tummy.
- Liposuction: Weight gain during pregnancy is normal and vital for a healthy baby. However, once you have delivered your baby, hanging on to extra pounds can take a toll on your self-esteem. With liposuction, Dr. Kwan can strategically remove fat from stubborn areas, such as your thighs, hips, buttocks, upper arms, waist, or even your chin and neck.
- Breast augmentation: Even if you don’t breastfeed, your breasts undergo massive changes during pregnancy that can ultimately result in lost volume after you deliver your baby and/or stop breastfeeding. With a variety of breast implant choices, you can restore that lost volume in a way that suits your individual needs and preferences best.
- Breast reduction: Some women leave pregnancy and breastfeeding behind with larger breasts than they had before, which can cause discomfort. With a breast reduction, you can reduce the size of your breasts.
- Breast lift: Even if your breast size doesn’t change, your breasts may sag or change shape. With a breast lift, your breasts will be restored to a more youthful, perky position. This procedure may be combined with breast augmentation for transformative results.
- Facial rejuvenation: Rapid weight gain followed by weight loss, sleep deprivation, and stress in the pregnancy and newborn phases can take a toll on your facial appearance. Dr. Kwan offers several facial rejuvenation procedures, such as the removal of excess skin around the face and neck or facelifts, to give you a youthful, refreshed appearance.
Recovery and results
The recovery process is different for every woman and depends on your individual health and which specific procedures you choose. Dr. Kwan will give you thorough after-care instructions, so you have the best chances of healing rapidly. In some cases, you will need to refrain from physical activity, and you may have other restrictions for a certain time period. We will also discuss your options to manage post-operative pain, which typically includes pain medications and/or compression garments to help alleviate swelling and increase your comfort.
Many women worry about scarring from their procedures. Dr. Kwan uses the latest surgical techniques and makes highly precise incisions in strategic areas to minimize or completely hide any scars from your surgery.
Mommy makeover surgery Before and After Done By Dr. Kwan
Am I a good candidate for a mommy makeover?
It is important to understand that a mommy makeover can consist of multiple surgical procedures on various parts of your body, so it is essential that you be in good overall health before undergoing treatment. Dr. Kwan will learn about your medical history and lifestyle to determine whether it is a good choice for you. It is also important to have a healthy attitude and realistic expectations about the results that the treatment will achieve. Dr. Kwan will take the time to answer any questions that you have about your treatment plan, as well as explain what you can reasonably expect for your results. Because each pregnancy can have lasting effects on your body, patients are typically encouraged to wait until they have had their last child to undergo a mommy makeover.
Mommy makeovers at Edmund Kwan, M.D.
What is a Mommy Makeover, and what happens to the female body post-pregnancy?
This is Dr. Edmund Kwan, and today I will be talking about Mommy makeover surgery. Mommy makeover involves surgery of both breasts and the tummy.
When patients go through pregnancy, their belly stretches out, and the breasts enlarge. Due to these natural occurrences, following pregnancy, many patients will develop saggy breasts and loosened belly.
Especially the muscles of the belly will be stretched out and not return to pre-pregnancy tone. No matter what the patient does, this will persist.
How is a Mommy makeover performed?
Mommy Makeover surgery starts with a breast lift surgery. Breast lift surgery is otherwise known as Mastopexy, is done by making some incisions around the breast, tightening the skin, and lifting the breast.
This will involve some scars that are usually hidden. However, some patients that don’t have that extensive saggy breasts may be candidates for breast implants.
The tummy is done through an incision on the lower belly, called a tummy tuck. An incision is made in the lower part of the stomach to remove excess skin and tighten up the loose muscle due to pregnancy or aging.
Who are an ideal candidate and the recovery period for a Mommy makeover?
Ideal candidates are those patients that have problems following pregnancy, weight loss, or with aging.
The recovery for this type of surgery is about three to four weeks. There is not much pain associated in the breast area with this type of surgery.
However, tummy tuck surgery does have some pain associated with it, and the pain will be for two to three days. Patients can usually return to work within three weeks.
A mommy makeover designed specifically for you
If you find yourself looking in the mirror and feeling less than your best about your appearance, we encourage you to call the practice of Dr. Edmund Kwan to learn more about your mommy makeover options. We have three state-of-the-art offices in the NYC tri-state area, but don’t let our upscale location make you think we charge sky-high prices. Dr. Edmund Kwan understands the value that self-confidence has in all aspects of your life, and to that end, offers patients affordable prices, particularly when you consider his level of skill and expertise. To schedule an appointment, call (212) 734-4488.
What our patients sayMore Reviews
Contact Edmund Kwan, MD for Mommy makeover treatment
Mothers, reunite with your pre-baby body
You can have it all – the joys of motherhood and the joys of feeling comfortable in your own skin again. Trust Edmund Kwan, MD to trim a lax, post-pregnancy belly as safely and artfully as he lifts breasts deflated by breastfeeding. What mommy makeover procedure is in your future? Find out today. Schedule your complimentary consultation. Renewed confidence is a phone call away!