Cheekbone reduction surgery in the NYC tri-state areaIf you are looking for a board-certified plastic surgeon who offers cheekbone reduction, you’ve probably discovered that there aren’t many in the United States. Patients on the East Coast, particularly those in the NYC tri-state area are fortunate to have convenient access to one of the nation’s foremost ethnic plastic surgeons. Dr. Edmund Kwan offers cheekbone reduction and many other advanced surgical procedures at his offices in New Jersey, Flushing, and Manhattan.
What is cheekbone reduction?
Cheekbones are an essential aspect of the facial structure. Many people struggle with low confidence and poor self-image, due to the height and shape of their cheekbones. Thankfully, today’s plastic surgery techniques can correct this problem.
The cutting method can reshape cheekbones when the height is too low. When it is too high, the grinding method is implemented. In either case, Dr. Kwan uses precision techniques and discretely located incisions so that patients don’t need to worry about visible scarring.
How cheekbone reduction is performed
The first step is treatment planning. Dr. Kwan uses state-of-the-art technology, including Vectra H1 three-dimensional imaging, which provides high-definition, detail-accurate simulations of results. This allows the patient to make an informed decision with confidence.
The actual surgery uses one of two techniques, as discussed above.
- Cutting – This is the most complex type of cheekbone reduction. Only a surgeon with specific training and considerable experience in craniofacial surgery, such as Dr. Kwan, should perform this procedure. It is a major surgery, so you will need a physical examination and x-rays to ensure that you are a good candidate.
- Grinding – This method is less complicated, and it only removes a very small amount of bone tissue. It requires excellent judgement on the part of the surgeon. Too much reduction would be dangerous, while too little will not effectively sculpt the bone.
Cheekbone reduction Before and After Photos
*Individual results may vary
About Vectra imaging
The VECTRA® H1 handheld imaging system brings clinical-quality 3D imaging to any practice. It delivers precision optics for high-resolution 3D images in an intuitive, lightweight and easy to handle image capture system. Ideal for facial aesthetics, clinical documentation, and more, it's completely self-contained with integrated flash and ranging lights, the VECTRA H1 is ready to go with minimal staff training.
Dr. Kwan uses Vectra H1 in diagnostics and treatment planning. Facial scans are completed with a special type of camera. All you need to do is hold still while we take three photos, one from the front and one from each side. The exclusive Vectra software seamlessly stiches these pictures into a single, extremely accurate, 3D image of your face. It can show dimensions of certain features, skin texture, and much more. Most importantly, it can show you a simulation of results before you commit to any procedure.
Cheekbone reduction side effects
As with any surgery, some side effects and recovery time are normal and expected. Chewing can be difficult for the first week, so you may need to eat soft foods. Additionally, you might experience some numbness or soreness at the surgical site, as well as swelling and bruising. These effects typically fade within a month or two. Dr. Kwan will provide a prescription for post-treatment pain relivers, if needed.
What cheekbone reduction surgery can do for you
If you feel that your face is too wide, angular, or disproportionate, reducing your cheekbones may be the ideal solution. The benefits of this procedure include:
- Your face will appear more slender
- Facial features become softer
- You can feel more confident about your appearance
- Cheekbone reduction is an excellent complement to procedures such as jaw contouring
Why choose Dr. Kwan for cheekbone reduction
Having plastic surgery can be a life-changing experience. Choosing the right surgeon is essential for those changes to be positive ones. You need and deserve not only clinical excellence, but also convenience, affordability, compassionate care, and more. You don’t want to compromise or settle for less in any way – and when you choose Dr. Kwan, you won’t have to.
- Expertise you can count on – Dr. Kwan is a Board-certified plastic surgeon with more than two decades of experience. His training includes studying ethnic plastic surgery with a pioneer in the field, Dr. Flowers, and craniofacial reconstruction training at Johns Hopkins.
- Surprisingly affordable – With nearly unparalleled skills and premier office locations, you might expect Dr. Kwan’s services to come with a high-end price tag. However, his practice is about helping patients, not about charging exorbitant prices. Many people are surprised to find that his charges are often comparable with doctors who have far less experience.
- You can explore your options – Plastic surgery is about loving what you see in the mirror. Often, patients commit to procedures without knowing what that “new face” will look like. Dr. Kwan removes that worry, with Vectra H1 imaging. He uses it to scan the face and neck area, creating detailed 3D images. With the sophisticated Vectra software, he can adjust the digital image to reflect results of various procedures that you are considering.
The VECTRA® H1 3D imaging by Dr. Kwan
What our patients say
I had jawbones and cheekbones reduction with Dr. Edmund Kwan about 2 months ago. He has absolutely done an amazing job, the operation was very successful. I did a lot of research before going into his office, and I was pretty scared of the cases that I read online of people who got their face or nerves damaged. However, I was no longer scared after the consultation with Dr. Kwan because of his confidence, and he knew what he was doing.
For Dr. Kwan’s office, everything was clean, professional and well-organized. Other staff is nice, and professional, too.
Overall, I’m happy with everything, and I definitely recommend Dr. Edmund Kwan.
_____ Read More
Pre- and post-operative guidelines
- The first step is a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Kwan, facial analysis, digital imaging, and treatment planning.
- The doctor will review your medical history and ask some questions. It is important that you tell him about any medical conditions, allergies, prescription or non-prescription drugs, vitamins, and supplements.
- You will be provided with pre-operative instructions, including avoidance of nicotine, and certain medications such as NSAIDs.
- You need to arrange transportation, because you won’t be able to drive until sedatives wear off completely.
- Use cold packs for the first 72 hours to manage swelling and bruising.
- For the first three days, you will need to lie down with your head at about a 45-degree angle.
- Avoid nicotine, alcohol, spicy or pickled foods, and seafood for the first month.
- Clean and dress the surgical wounds as instructed.
- Avoid excess facial movement.
- Closely follow all post-operative instructions and attend scheduled follow-up appointments.
Getting startedCheekbone reduction is a major surgery, requiring an elevated level of skill. Not only is Dr. Kwan among a small handful of American surgeons offering this procedure, but he also has many years of experience performing it. He caters to all ethnicities, taking care to enhance each patient’s unique beauty.
For exceptional treatment at competitive prices with five-star customer service, give Dr. Kwan a call. You can reach his Manhattan, NY office at 212 734 4488, his Flushing, NY office at 718 661 4580, or his Fort Lee, NJ office at 201 947 3636.